Today was a light work day since I’m heading out to Dulles for the annual Airplane Pull & aircraft display. I spent over an hour cleaning up the surrounding area around the airplane (I think I can say that now!).
I wanted to get a pic of what I didn’t last night, and that’s of the inboard holes filled with foam & micro and then glassed over with 2 plies of BID. You can see that this is the initial shot & exactly what I saw when I pulled the heat blanket off for the first time.
Here’s a shot immediately following me pulling all the peel ply. I haven’t cleaned up the layups so it’s all stiff a but rough. I am, however, very happy with the quality of the layups.
Since I found out last night that we may have a chance of thunderstorms this weekend, and I’ll be very much out & about, I decided to really ensure that the tarps were secured well to keep the sun off the raw composite surfaces, and to minimize any moisture… especially in the nose — which I covered with plastic.
Tomorrow won’t be much of a build day either, but I do plan on getting a fair amount of research and a final review in on mounting the canard.