12 May 2013 — A shot of the fuselage, CS spar and wings in my climate controlled storage facility (yes, my dining room).
With the strakes complete I’m now focused on the winglet/rudder install (Chapter 20). Moreover, with the wings off and flipped inverted for the winglet layups, I installed the engine on the firewall to work the top cowling install (and actual engine install).
After all the airframe build tasks are completed then it will be topside micro finish for prime/paint.
Currently I have no other major trips planned, and from here on out I intend to focus solely on the plane for the next however long it takes to finish this bird… ASAP!
- Chapter 20 – Lower winglets install, Pt. 1
- Chapter 20 – Right Winglet Layup #3
- Chapter 20 – Right ‘A’ Block in place
- Chapter 20 – Left Winglet Outside Glass
- Chapter 20 – Right winglet Layups 1 & 2
- Chapter 20 – Prep, prep, prep!
- Chapter 20 – Left Internal Bellhorn In
- Chapter 20 – Left winglet Layups 1 & 2
- Chapter 20 – Left winglet prep