Yeah, not so much!
I started off today running around doing a million errands. When I returned home I tested out one of my ELS-950 sump low fuel level sensors. Here’s a video showing how it works.
With my sensor function test good to go, I then applied a light ring of Permatex 80725 around the threads of each sensor and then installed them into their respective ports on the vertical face of the thigh support fuel sump.
Here’s a wider angle shot showing where the sensors are situated on the front of the sump front wall.
I then taped up the sensor wires to keep them out of the way for when the covers are installed.
I then added a spot of tape to the aft ring of each sensor cover and mocked them up in place. Looks like they’ll fit just fine.
I then spent a fair bit of time labeling all the left and right sump low fuel level sensors’ wires.
I combined the 2 sensor ground leads into 1 wire by solder splicing them together. Here they’re prepped to be soldered.
And here the ground wires are solder spliced with a lead leading to the Triparagon.
After the sensor wires were all squared away, I then attempted to run 2 wires from each of the floor LED lights embedded in the sensor covers through the conduit on the face of the sumps . . . the same Nylaflow conduits that I had just run the 3 sensor wires through. I had tested this out earlier and there should have been plenty of room for 5 wires, but the wires just weren’t to be routed no matter how hard I tried or what method I used.
This was one of those tasks that every step you take to remedy the issue, the problem keeps getting bigger and wider, kind of like a big ‘ol pile of horse crap. After messing around with the wires, my attempts to reroute them in my GIB headset jack conduit (I could spend 4 big paragraphs just on that cluster alone!) was to no avail.
So I punted. It was late and I just didn’t want to screw anything up ( . . . further). In short, out of the myriad of tasks I had planned to knock out today, I got about 3/4 of one complete!
Yes, so tomorrow will be about completing the other GIB area tasks I had planned for today!