Today I drilled the U-channel on the Harbor Freight handle base to allow me to mount it to the bridge sander. Before I bolted it all together though, I trimmed the inboard edges of the two cross supports at a sharp angle, and trimmed down the height of the U-channel brackets that hold the handle in place so that there would be no interference by the handle of the sander’s operation.
After all that was done, I bolted it all together and tested it out. Looks like it will work great!
As you may be able to tell in the pics, I mounted some 32 grit peel-n-stick sandpaper to the bottom plate, and it fit just about as perfect as it can get.
Thus, the bridge sander construction is complete and this baby is operational!
I then got to work on constructing the micro spreader. I cleaned up all the brackets by filing down the edges. I then measured, drilled and mounted the brackets to the micro spreader base with 2 aluminum rivets at each bracket.
In this shot below you should get a decent shot of the rivets that are holding the brackets to the base.
Here’s the underside of the spreader base, with the 2 rivets per bracket visible.
It’s a bit late and I didn’t want to make any more loud noises building this thing, so I called it a night and mocked up the micro spreader to see what it will look like when I finish it tomorrow.
That’s all for now folks . . .