Today I got the internal support blocks nailed into place on the right side (in the pics below) of the beams, just below the existing beam that will be sandwiched between the sets of new beams.
I then prepped the first of the aft side new big beams that will go up.
And then hoisted ‘er up into place.
Once the first aft side beam was in place I set it and nailed it to secure it into position.
I then prepped the second of the aft side beams –and the last of all the beams– to go up.
And hoisted the last beam into place.
I then did the same as with the first aft side beam: set it into position and secured it with a massive number of nails.
I then hung the aft side metal straps that adjoins the top pair of beam bolts to the lower pair of post bolts. I will need to drill out the middle two bolt holes as I did on the front side, but this gave me an idea of what I need to do tomorrow.
I also realized that my 5/8″ x 10″ long top bolts are barely too short and I will need to go with 12″ long bolts to show some thread after the nut is secured.
I’m very pleased that all the beams are in place, but I still have a fair amount of work to do before this project is finished. Tomorrow I’ll do a final set of the main beam and post bolts, along with the associated straps.
And if able I’ll drill all the interior pairs of holes at the support blocks and mount the 1/2″ lag bolts.