I’m trying to get the wing prepped for the last major wing layup remaining: skinning the left wing’s upper surface.
Today I spent over 1-1/2 hours removing peel ply from the TE, and still had 18″ left to remove.
I then took the tape off the baggage pod threaded mounts. They came out good.
I routered the Nylaflow rudder cable conduit channel using the Dremel tool. I then installed the Nylaflow & dry micro’d it into place. Of course I held the conduit in place with toothpicks.
In the following pics you can see the damage & repair of the split at the FC2/FC3 seam (during the shear web layup & attaching the nose of the wing).
I fabricated the NAV2 wing VOR antenna & mocked it up.
I wasn’t happy with the Inboard wing bolt aluminum extrusion, so I scuffed it up & re-rounded the edge, and then hit it with some primer since I had some shiny aluminum showing. I’ll scuff up the primered surface & clean it off before glassing.