Today I started out by using the “Fein” saw to trim the spar cap glass overhanging the end of the wing at each end.
I then sanded the bondo off the spar cap dam area & rounded the corner just a bit.
After getting the bondo off & the dam area cleaned up, I floxed in the two upper baggage pod threaded inserts on the front of the wing. I taped them in place so that the flox cured nice & flush with the surface of the foam.
I sanded the entire spar cap with the orbital sander, and then used the big gun: a belt sander I had picked up for leveling out the spar caps (it cleans them up nicely… also another Randi tip!). I then vacuumed up all the fiberglass dust.
I used the Dremel tool to remove the dead micro at the seams, junctions and spar cap edges. After cleaning up & vacuuming again, I cut the fishtail from the TE & started removing the 1″ peel ply I had tacked (stapled) onto the TE. I had to use the Dremel on a lot of the TE, because if you remember, a bunch of the peel ply came out after I used staples vs tacks to keep it in place. I did manage to get a fair amount of the peel ply back under the glass while glassing, but not all of it.
I used my straight sanding board to sand the remnants of the fishtail level so the TE was flush & smooth, but I also hit some parts of the wing as well, especially the FC2/FC3 junction SNAFU area. It looked pretty good after hitting it lightly with the sanding block.