Today I started my last spar cap that I will do on these wings!
I refurbished the epoxy runoffs/downspouts/epoxy recycling assemblies.
I also pre-cut my 3″ UNI tape lengths for laying up in the spar cap trough.
I used a baggy to apply the micro to the edges of the spar cap trough, using the cake-icing method. I then applied epoxy, again with just a dash of flox mixed in, to the shear web surface.
I laid up the spar cap & then peel plied it. I also did a rough knife cut on each end.
After it cured for a few hours I pulled off the protective tape & plastic. By the time I pulled all the tape & plastic off, I was able to rip the peel ply off as well.
I also knocked the dam off.