Tonight was all about finalizing the fuselage glassing spit design and getting it built.
I beefed up the spit with bigger pieces of wood and mounted the spinning part of the disc directly to the clamped mount in the front. I added more screws & longer screws to make it more stable. Finally, to really add some oomph to its lateral stability, I added some 45° angle braces.
Side note: As you can see, underneath the rear of the fuselage there’s some water that I vacuumed up with the shop vac. I’ve been plagued by a leak in the corner downspout of the garage. The actual PVC pipe is too short, so I get to take my pick where I want the water to come in …. the top or the bottom. Luckily it hasn’t damage anything. It’s just an annoying time buster to deal with a work shop that has a large puddle of water in it. And yes, my landlord knows and is slow to do anything about it.