Today was a slow build day in that pretty much the only thing I did was to get the middle foam floor H100 piece glassed.
I cut 2 pieces of BID at a 45° bias and used fast hardener in MGS epoxy to layup these BID plies. As you can see below, I had to slide the BID up under the battery mounting cross tube.
After laying up the 2 plies of BID, I peel plied most of the glass since I’ll be adding a bit more foam & glass to this area.
As you can see in the pic below, I also laid up 1 ply of BID over the aft right Rivnut in the battery compartment.
A few hours later after the layups cured, I pulled the peel ply and did an initial clean up of the glass. I also drilled out the screw hole in the Rivnut as well, as you can see with the inserted screw.
With this H100 piece installed & glassed, this is the last major piece of foam and glassing that is required for the INTERNAL nose. Of course I have a myriad of small layups still yet to do, but as for actual nose structure (lower) all I have left to do is glass the external skin. Clearly I still have the upper half of the nose to construct as well.
Tomorrow I plan on getting the layups completed on the top side of the nutplate assemblies for the forward NG30 cover. Also, I’ll be constructing & glassing the nose gear backup battery’s foam mounting notch.