I started off today by refilling some more hardener & consumables.
I cut 11-1/2″ wide UNI strips across the full length of the roll at 45° . . . enough for a 2-ply layup across the front face of the CS spar. I also cut an 11″ x 22″ 1-ply BID piece at a 45° bias for reinforcement around the center spar access hole.
I had a couple delams right along the edge of the angled/wedge corner … apparently I didn’t squeegee it well enough and gravity did it’s work & it separated just a hair. I quickly gave it an injection of epoxy.
I used a flox/micro mix for the edge & edge divots. I also added some flox around the edge of the hole as a base layer since the glass was thin but still a bit rough from how it had cured before.
I glassed Layup #8 (2-ply UNI ± 45° … so 90° angle to each other). As I laid up the glass, I very carefully separated the glass fibers around the holes for the rudder cable conduit, just as I had done with the glass on the back of the spar.
I glassed the 1-ply BID around the the oval access hole & then peel plied the entire layup.