I took a short break this morning to pull the peel ply and clean up the edges of the major CL seam layup on baggage pod #1.
Later this evening I laid up a 4 ply pad of BID on the aft bottom end of baggage pod #1 that will serve to reinforce the lip for attaching the baggage pod aft cone.
I then laid up 3 plies of BID around the main CL seam on baggage pod #2 just as I did on the first baggage pod last night. I then peel plied the layup.
While I was looking at some pics tonight I found a shot of the cowlings from around 2012 that had a document included that I haven’t seen in quite a while. While looking for the document I finally completely unwrapped the Berkut-style armpit intakes for the lower cowling. As you can see, I decided to grab a couple of shots of these to include in this blog post…
Again, with my house updating shenanigans I only have a couple of hours a day that I’m allowing myself to work on the plane build. However, I figure every hour counts and gets me much closer to the finish line!