I started out again by pulling the peel ply and cleaning up the major seam layup on baggage #2 earlier in the day.
Then later on I did the small glass layup on the aft bottom interface ring for the aft cone to attach to on baggage pod #2. Optimally this would be an extension of the major seam layup, but with the joggle right there I didn’t want to mess around with a good chance of distorting either portions of the layup, so I just separated these layups into 2 distinct parts.
Although my way is not as optimal in strength as carrying the glass all the way through, I have no doubts it will be plenty strong for my baggage pod ops. In fact, since the matching layup on pod #1 wasn’t quite thick enough, I laid up 5 small plies of BID here on pod #2.
I then laid up 3 plies of BID –as per Gary Hunter’s instructions– on each side of the pylon’s trailing edge of baggage pod #1. Right at the trailing edge, filling in a small gap between the 2 layups, is a bead of flox. I then peel plied the layup and left it to cure.
Tomorrow I plan to do the pylon trailing edge layup on pod #2. In addition, after all the major baggage pod glassing is completed I’ll then attach the aft cones to the main pod structures with CAMLOCs/Skybolt 1/4-turn fasteners.