Today I pulled the peel ply from pod #1’s pylon TE layup, but I really didn’t get a chance to clean it up or trim the glass. As you can see in the pic below, I didn’t get around either to trimming the glass on the lower perimeter layup on the tail cone mounting flange on pod #2.
I did however get the pylon TE layup glassed on pod #2. After laying up the 3 plies on each side I then peel plied the layup. I will say that what makes this layup a little tricky is the flox wedge that lies between the 2 sides of glass coming together as the transition for the rather thick pylon TE. Of course the goal is to get an even amount of flox all the way along the edge to get a nice uniform glass-to-glass shear bond.
With the bit of epoxy I had left over from the pylon TE layup on pod #2, I glassed in 5 plies of BID on the top flange of pod #1 to fill in the CL depression and even out the tail cone mounting flange profile.
That’s it for today’s build escapades. I will say that for the pods themselves the heavy lifting is over for the more entailed layups. Tomorrow my goal will be to get the tail cones mounted to the pods with 1/4-turn fasteners (CAMLOCs).