I sanded the spar cap with an orbital sander & by hand…then vacuumed. (I apologize, my camera batteries are kaput & keep forgetting to buy new ones… so no pics again)
I Dremelled out the forward side of the spar cap channel to remove dead micro & glass.
I installed the dam for the spar cap layup with bondo, and then taped along each side of the spar cap along the edges & covered the foam with plastic.
I cut the 3″ UNI tape for glassing the spar cap. I marked each piece 1-7.
I then dry-micro’d the edge of the spar cap channels the full length on each side. I found one small bubble/dry spot, so I gave it a quick epoxy injection.
Even the though I sanded the snot out of the shear web/spar cap glass, I added just a dash of flox to the initial epoxy I used for the base spar cap wet-out to add just a little bit more umph to its grip.
I laid up the lower spar cap using the plan’s layup schedule with the added plies as per CP-25. I peel plied the spar cap layup.
After a few hours cure, I removed the protective duct tape & plastic, and rough knife cut each end.