Today I focused on fixing the CAMLOC holes on the vertical sides of the bottom cowling. I had originally filled the immediate area surrounding these holes with flocro, but quickly discovered that it wasn’t up to the task of the constant inserting and removing of the securing CAMLOCs… so I decided to switch to pure flox to provide much more strength around the perimeter of each hole.
Here are the before pics, left side bottom cowl and right side.
And the after pics… after I Dremeled out a good edge around each hole, pretty much back down to the original carbon fiber.
I didn’t get any pics of it, but I then slathered some flox around the edges of each of these CAMLOC holes.
The main reason I didn’t get any pics is that I got sidetracked with the delivery of my Mountain High supplemental O2 system. As you can see below the kit includes a 9 cf bottle, regulator, mounting bracket and two Oxymizer cannulas. I needed my supplemental oxygen system in hand to allow me to install the mounting brackets onto the original sidewall of the fuselage —inside of the right strake baggage area— before I close out the tops of strakes… after I flip the bird back upright (hopefully within the next week or two).
Yes, it was a light build day, but I did get some stuff knocked out.