Today was yet another light build day. I did get some research done on my RAM air scoop configuration, and talked to fellow builder Ary Glantz to get his NASA engineering expertise on the subject. Bottom line is I’m moving forward with my original plan to install the RAM air scoop.
As for the actual build, I did pull the peel ply off the inside 1-ply layups that secure the armpit air intake scoops to the bottom cowling. I also quickly hit the edges with a sanding block to knock down any potential finger slicers.
Here’s the cured and initially cleaned up inside layup on the left armpit air intake scoop.
Tomorrow I really do plan on putting in a good full day working on the hell hole hatch and cover.