Today was a short work day since I had some personal stuff I needed to take care of. However, I was still able to get another strip of foam added to the Hell Hole cover/floor.
This strip of foam, about 2.5″ wide, filled in right behind the previous one at the front side of the Hell Hole. I set up my dam/form just as I did before, even with the requisite clamps.
I then whipped up some pour foam and poured it into this next section of Hell Hole cover/floor.
A bit later I pulled the form off.
I shaped the outer surface of the freshly inlaid pour foam section to match the surrounding level of the existing foam, and then prepped the interior surface for glass.
I laid up a ply of BID overlapping about an inch on all sides, again on the inside surface. I then peel plied the layup.
I’m thinking that tomorrow I should be able to finish the repetitive task of pour foam and glass and move on to constructing the RAM air scoop.