I started out today by hauling the fuselage outside to sand down the epoxy-wiped gear legs.
I figured it would take me 2-3 hours to sand the gear legs, not the 5 hours that it actually took me… the light at the top of the pic below is actually the moon!
After the 5-hour sanding project, I then pulled the fuselage back into the shop. Next I sanded down the epoxy-wiped refills on the aft nose/avionics cover (in the foreground in the pic below).
I then whipped up some white thickened primer and applied it to the gear legs.
Almost simultaneously with the mixing up of primer, I also mixed up some black paint to recoat the fuselage/nose/strake accent stripe…. which these pics show both the gear legs in primer and the recoated black accent stripe.
I also applied the thickened white primer on the aft nose/avionics cover.
Another shot of the primered aft nose/avionics cover
So my sanding of the gear legs took a lot longer than I expected, meaning I didn’t get nearly as much done as I had planned on today. Still, knocking out the gear leg sanding and getting them in primer is a significant milestone. Tomorrow I’ll press forward to finish as many tasks as possible to get this fuselage flipped back upright.