Over the last few days I’ve finished digging out the remains of the center post (an old telephone pole) and prepped the hole for concrete.
Here we have just a bit wider view.
I then filled in the hole with concrete, troweled it out and have been keeping it wet under some plastic for a couple of days. It’s been getting colder at night so I’ve kept a heat lamp on it to keep it warm and allow it to cure (hopefully) more fully.
Again, here’s a bit wider/longer shot for some visual context.
In other news on my shop upgrade, after opening the shop a couple of days ago to 2 new large lakes of water I have finally accepted the fact that I need to replace this 30 year old “tin” roof. In fact, I’ve ordered all the materials and they should be delivered in the next 10-14 days. I’ll report more when that event unfolds.