Today I started out by cutting & removing some excess glass at the bottom of the instrument panel.
I then sanded all of the interior fuselage including sidewalls, front seat, back of instrument panel, floor pan, and front of rear seat. I also knife scraped and sanded the inside, top and immediate exterior of the upper longerons.
I sanded smooth a micro repair on the rear seat pan [You may have noticed, and I failed to mention, that when I started cutting the channel for the brake lines I cut through to the inside of the rear seat pan about an inch long. The reason why is because the left side of the seat pan has a smaller side shelf than does the right, and I was remiss in not taking this measurement into account and was using the measurement for the left side shelf. You can see the errant cut in the second pic below].
I decided since I was going to have some type of removable hell hole cover (Yes, let the debate over that rage on as well!) that I would clean up & shape the very back edge of the fuselage bottom. This would also allow me to secure the first few inches of the brake lines.
So I devised a plan, and cut a triangular wedge of blue foam to build a mini ramp on the back of the fuselage bottom foam, right where it meets the bottom aft part of the rear seat. I of course turned the fuselage back upside down to work on this.
I micro’d in the foam wedge & all the foam surfaces and laid up 2-plies of BID over the entire lower aft fuselage and aft rear seat junction. I also covered the brake lines with dry micro and the BID plies. To ensure it stayed in place I used some duct tape and peel plied it as well.