I remembered another “mundane” thing that I needed to do before I actually get to installing the hinges, and that is to finish the very bottom of the headrest by adding 1 ply of BID to the face of the base to cover all the exposed foam and to further connect the base piece to the headrest sidewalls at the aft half of the headrest base.
I started by cutting the foam out along the edges to create micro wedges to reinforce the corners. Again, if this was a piece that I wanted to have higher structural integrity, I would be using flox. But since I want to provide added strength at the corner edges while still keeping it as light as possible, I’ll be using micro.
I of course got over halfway through getting the micro into the angled troughs I had made when I thought about taking any pics of my progress.
Now, I should seriously be able to get to the headrest hinges on my next build session!