Is all I got done today.
Between some more much needed cleanup/decluttering/prepping for my weekend guest… and having my little munchkin-buddy over for a few hours catching critters and dismantling my initial test pour-foam in a cup (foam cellular structure looked great btw), I didn’t get a whole lot accomplished today. I called in a couple hours earlier than I normally do and just took it easy.
I did get the fuselage flipped around in the shop, so now it’s positioned nose out. This to get ready for the upcoming wings-mounting endeavor as a precursor to the strake build.
I also seated, test-fitted and then marked my prototype nose hatch hinge bracket to assess the gap I need for the hinges on each side. I then marked those and plan to widen them tomorrow.
My little buddy helped me add duct tape to the back of test panel #3 and then temp install it for yet another panel test fit. I already see a couple minor tweak points (not worthy of a whole new test panel cut btw) but still need to sit in the cockpit to assess fit before going final with the real 0.090″ thick 6061 instrument panel cutting.
I also spent a good 45 min drilling out the ball oiler fittings on the mill’s saddle (X and Y axes’ junction cross-slide) to then tap them to accept the threaded tubing quick-connect fittings.
Below I installed a couple of the tubing quick-connect fittings on the front of the saddle as an example of how these will be installed.
There will be 2 fittings on the front, 2 on the back, and one on each side for a total of 6, on the saddle alone. Add that to the 2 on the column/Z-slide for a grand total of 8 ports for injecting oil onto the ways and gibs from the One-shot oiler reservoir.
Of course I’m trying to knock out as much as I can on the build, but over the next few days (after tomorrow) my progress will most likely be slim to none.