I micro’d the Left wing’s FC5 section.
Sanded some channels into the micro I applied for some test finishing so I could get a couple of the jig halves remounted, and then test fitted the jig mounting to the bottom of the wing.
I then knife trimmed both the Outboard & Inboard wing edges, the front of wing jut-out (B.L. 55.5) and the trailing edge (TE). I also applied dry micro down the TE channel.
After I attached all the jig tops (top in picture, technical “bottom” of wing), I grabbed my favorite can of German bondo and bondo’d the jigs to the bottom surface of the wing.
Once the bondo had cured, I unscrewed the jig mounts & flipped the wing over. Of course I had to snap a few pics on its way over.
I spent a fair amount of time leveling & aligning the jigs/wing. Once level, I then mounted the bottom jigs to the workbench using the same L-brackets that I had on the other side.
After removing the top of the jigs, I pulled the spar cap peel ply off (applied when I glassed the shear web & attached the front part of the wing).
I also removed the “fish tail” on the TE & started removing some of the peel ply that I had tacked in before glassing the bottom of the wing.
After spending an inordinate amount of time removing the peel ply from the trailing edge (I think splitting atoms with a dull ax would be easier… and less time consuming!), I focused on cleaning up the spar cap channel by using the Dremel tool to remove dead micro & wayward glass fibers from the edges of the channel.
For the Left wing, I micro’d the pieces of FC4 together.