Of course at this point my electrical system is analogous with the Triparagon. Since, that being said, it is true too that the majority of my electrical components are mounted, or will be mounted, on the Triparagon.
After spending a good couple of days here & there populating the Triparagon components with wires to & fro the various parts, and finalizing a large number of circuits for the resident things on the Triparagon, it then stood to reason –and begged the question: Does it work? Yes, it was truly time to test install this monstrosity.
So I did a mock up install of the wired-up Triparagon onto its mounting tabs in what I call the Avionics Bay (instrument panel to F22) of the Long-EZ. I also installed the Voltage Regulator to see how it fit into the mix. Below you can see the left side of the Triparagon & the Voltage Regulator.
And a shot of it from the right. I’d like to point out that up to this point the Triparagon has definitely met, or exceeded, my design goals.
To give you all a sense of space…. specifically the space NOT taken up by the Triparagon (aka “legroom”) I took a couple of shots from close to straight in line with the edge of the the NG30 plates that house the nose gear motor. In addition, the nose wheel cover (NB) also provides a “natural” barrier & offers a bit of standoff protection from wayward feet or legs to help keep the Triparagon out of accidental harm’s way. I would like to point out that the current Triparagon wiring is in the initial “free form” stage and has not been organized, nor secured in place yet.
There’s still just a bit of cross-connect wiring that needs to be done on the Triparagon proper, along with some final prep of the mounting tabs and the installation of the top cross shelf before I move back onto installing the wheel pants.