Hey folks! I’m happy to report I was able to troubleshoot the issue with the nose gear system wiring. It turned out to be an intermittent connection on a wire that goes to the down travel limit switch, causing the whole system to lock up in one direction.
Here’s a video showing the gear system tests. I did the first test solo, then a few hours later I did another one with Marco, who happened to be visiting.
I’m super pleased with how the new nose gear system turned out. Obviously relieved as well that it works. Now I can press on with other panel forward tasks in preparing for the upcoming construction & glassing of the top side of the nose.