Chapter 23 – Armpit scoops joined

This morning, before I left out for a quick overnight break, I pulled the peel ply on the last external seam 2-ply BID layups on the second armpit air intake scoop.

I then spent about 20 minutes cleaning up the edges and sanding down any spots missed by the peel ply.

I’m very pleased with how these armpit intake scoops came out, and the joints are pretty darn clean.

I still need to add pour foam to fill in the inside lips and create ramps for the air to enter into the scoops as clean and undisturbed as possible.  I’ll do that when I get back.

Another task in the books… of course many more to do!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.