. . . is complete!
Today I started off by pulling the peel ply and trimming the overhanging glass on the front wheel pant pieces. As far as widening, these are done!
I then removed the 1″ urethane foam spacers from the aft wheel pant sides in the same fashion as I did the front pieces.
I cleaned off the hot glue and scraped off any extra foam remnants from the interior junctions.
Below are both rear wheel pant sides ready to be prepped for the interior 1-ply BID layup that will finalize the widening of the wheel pants.
And here’s a shot of the wheel pants after I took them outside and Dremelled the edges of the “old” existing wheel pants to provide a bevelled transition to allow the BID a better grip. As with the front wheel pant sides, I also gave all the surface areas that will be glassed a good sanding with 32 grit sandpaper.
Finally, here’s a shot of the interior 1-ply BID layups on the aft side wheel pants pieces. Again, as with the front wheel pant pieces, I peel plied the opening areas.
Tomorrow I’ll do a final cleaning & shaping on these, and then start in on the next few steps of prepping the wheel pants for installation.