I’ve been working on my Dritz electric scissors over the past week along with everything else. I charged the battery as soon as I unpacked the kit, but when I installed the battery and tested out the scissor the blades were jammed & not moving. They were definitely trying, but clearly something was restraining the scissor action. Well, after disassembling the nose of the scissor, which requires taking apart the entire handle, I found a whole lot of corrosion inside the nose on the scissor blade assemblies.
I sprayed it down with WD-40 and hit it with a soft wire brush, and repeated this every couple of days for about a week. Finally, I was able to remove all the corrosion and get the scissor set back together. When I tested the scissors, they worked as well as the first time I pulled them out of the box and used them!