I sanded the inside and outside edges of the landing brake for glassing. I also sanded the hinges for flox grip. I then cleaned up the glass in the hinge area.
Glass Prep: I made 2 individual pre-preg setups: 1) 3-plies of BID to cover the inside of the landing brake, and 2) 3-plies UNI/1-ply BID for the reinforcement layup over LB19.
I cleaned up the ripped-out foam (from the wood spacers) by enlarging the holes to ~1″ x 2″ rectangles. I made plugs the same size as the holes to fill them in.
I wet out my #2 3-ply UNI & 1-ply BID pre-preg and laid it up on over LB19 for reinforcement. This reinforcement is called out as an unnumbered plans change in CP43 pg 4. Although I followed the intent of the plans change, I slightly modified it since my plies are bit larger (as is LB19) and I swapped out the plans small top UNI ply for a top-cover protective BID ply. I like to have BID as the top ply over UNI where I can.
I peel plied over & around the reinforcement layup, being very careful around the floxed-in hinge. After a few hours I knife trimmed the edges. It looked really good. After another couple of hours I took it out to the garage (all this work was completed in my downstairs shop) and mocked it up. Looked good and I was happy with the results!