Since there was a good chance of rain earlier today I decided to get the wood for the table platform brackets cut. In addition, I wanted to get the saw out of the garage and back into the shed behind the house.
Figuring that there wasn’t going to be a lot of visual storytelling going on today, I snapped this picture to show the wood-cutting process.
My original plan was to get the bottom of the canard sanded and then West micro finish spread on the top of the canard. However, I ended up spending almost 3 hours sanding down the primer on the swoosh tips, inboard canard tips area, and the two outboard hinge tabs.
Once I fished sanding the first round of primer, I applied a fresh coat of primer on the areas I just sanded.
I then went to dinner and upon returning home I found that the primer in the cup was still flowing out & very wet, so I used it to apply a final coat to build up the total primer thickness as much as possible.
After cleaning up after the final primer application, I went upstairs & reviewed the wiring diagram for Jack WIlhelmson’s nose gear actuator.