Currently working to knock out the strakes (Chapter 21). The plan is to get the bottom skins on and then flip the bird to glass those bottom strake skins.
However, prior to flipping the bird I will take a few days to finish up the nose and aft nose/avionics cover install.
Then, once the plane is upside down to finish the bottom of the strakes, I plan on knocking out a whole slew of things while it’s inverted: including bottom strake-to-bottom wing intersection finishing, hell hole cover, belly RAM air scoop, main gear leg-to-fuselage interface, firewall trim and lower cowling install. Yes, I expect this bird to be inverted for about a month before it gets flipped back upright to close out the strakes with the top skin install.
At that point it will be on to the winglet/rudder install (Chapter 20). Then engine and upper cowling install, finish and prime/paint.
- Chapter 21/22 – Daily strake layup
- Chapter 21 – Left strake top skin
- Chapter 21/22 – Strake top skins
- Chapter 21/22 – Some strake stuff
- Chapter 21 – Ribs & baffles, Oh my!
- Chapter 21 – Right strake leading edge
- Chapter 21/22 – Left strake opening
- Chapter 21/22 – More strakey stuff
- Chapter 18/21 – Left strake verticals