I am still currently working the bottom cowling install to ensure its interface with the lower aft fuselage/hell hole is dialed in. The convergence of bottom cowling and bottom fuselage is slowly in progress and I figure both should be completed shortly.
I’ll then focus on the Hell Hole area to create a functional and usable hatch as well as install the belly RAM air scoop.
While the fuselage is inverted I’ll also press forward to knock out a number of other things, including bottom strake-to-bottom wing intersection finishing and main gear leg-to-fuselage interface.
I expect this bird to be inverted for a few more weeks before it gets flipped back upright to close out the strakes with the top skin install.
At that point it will be on to the winglet/rudder install (Chapter 20). Then engine and top cowling install, finish and prime/paint.
- Chapter 23/24 – Bottom cowl flange
- Chapter 23/24 – Balancing the egg
- Chapter 23/24 – Better than expected…
- Chapter 23/24 – Close . . . but?
- Chapter 23 – Bottom cowl bling
- Chapter 23 – Fiddle-dee-cowling!
- Chapter 24 – Aft fuselage glassed
- Chapter 24 – Datsa Hard Shell!!
- Chapter 13/23/24 – Firewall re-trim