Well, I really am getting down to the final stages of tasks left to do before I flip this plane back upright in my continued quest to get it finished. I have only the white fuselage/strake surfaces and the gear legs to paint, and that’s pretty much it for the bottom-side painting stuff.
I expect this bird to be inverted for another week before it gets flipped back upright to close out the strakes with the top skin install.
After the top strakes it will be on to the winglet/rudder install (Chapter 20). Then engine and top cowling install, topside finish and prime/paint.
- Chapter 3 – Mill CNC Operational
- Chapter 3 – CNC laptop podium
- Chapter 3 – Yep, more mill stuff
- Chapter 3 – CNC control box installed
- Chapter 3 – Tooling up: Mill CNC
- Chapter 3/24 – Mill CNC & sound foam
- Chapter 3/25 – Tooling up & sanding
- Chapter 25 – Bottom tape pulled
- Chapter 25 – Gear black accent