Today I glassed round 2 of securing the halves of the heat exchanger back together. I started by simply filling in the 2″ gaps created by the duct tape that I used to hold the 2 sides together tightly. Again, I used 1 ply of BID as I did before.
I then glassed a small patch of BID on each forward corner (top side in pics below).
Finally, for this round I went to the aft side and laid up a small 1-ply BID patch just outside of the AN fitting posts on the corners (bottom in pics below).
I then peel plied all these small layups.
Later in the evening I pulled peel ply from the layups and cleaned up the layups.
I have 1 more round of layups to finish up the closure of the heat exchanger, which I’ll work on tomorrow.